Saturday 13 February 2016

Farfetch | Style the shoot


 


Farfetch recently got in touch to ask whether I fancied styling a pair of their new season sunglasses into a wishlist. Obviously I said yes, because sunglasses are one of my true loves in life and also because I'm off to New York in a couple of weeks, and a new pair of frames are high on my duty-free list.

Farfetch have a wonderfully helpful style hub that provides you with some great tips on how to choose your perfect pair, which you can find hereHaving an oval-ish shaped face, I sometimes find it difficult to pick a pair of sunglasses that actually suit me. Therefore aviator and cat-eye shapes are an absolute no-go as they look absolutely absurd on my face. Farfetch's style hub agreed with me completely on this and recommended that thick, squarish frames would suit me best. While I agreed with this - I wear this style of seeing-glasses 24/7 - I also tend to opt for round frames; as sometimes very square glasses give me a very square face - whereas round glasses soften my jawline. There really is so much to choose from on Farfetch and you can check out their collection of new season sunglasses to find the perfect pair for you.

This particular pair by Linda Farrow stood out to me on my first scroll through Farfetch's (massive) selection of frames. Firstly because most, if not all, of my sunglasses are either black or tortoiseshell and I'm drawn to anything a little bit different. Secondly because they are literally everything I was imagining my next pair of sunglasses to look like! They're just so effortlessly cool, without looking too vintage. The double frame of gold and grey isn't overbearing or heavy, and the slimline arms aren't branded at all. Thirdly, because of their subtle colour, they would actually just go with everything. Perfect. 

When putting together the rest of my look, of course my first point of call was Pinterest. I've been slightly obsessing over powder pink for the last couple of weeks - it's a phase - and this particular wishlist is completely inspired by that factor. Oh that, and it's comfort level!

Sunglasses | Jacket | Tee | Culottes | Bra | Trainers | Earrings 

No comments:

Post a Comment